City of Palo Alto Utilities Advisory Commission Resilience Workshop #1
The Clean Coalition was a partner organization for this event, which took place August 28, 2018 in Palo Alto, CA.
The Clean Coalition was a partner organization for the City of Palo Alto Utilities (CPAU) Advisory Commission Resilience Workshop #1, which took place August 28, 2018 in Palo Alto, CA.
The CPAU and the Utilities Advisory Commission (UAC) put on a joint workshop between the UAC and the community to establish a community resilience vision, identify essential community assets, and determine resilience needs relating to utility services.
Objective: Conduct a Joint UAC and Community Workshop to better understand what the community resilience goals, priority community assets, and resilience needs are related to utility services.
Resilience Experts Panel
- Regional Overview – Corinne Bartshire, Urban Areas Security Initiative
- Economic Impacts – Josh Schellenberg, Nexant
- Integration Issues – Benson Joe, ABB Enterprise Software
Community Risks and Resources for a Resilient Palo Alto
- Palo Alto’s Threat & Disaster Identification and Risk Assessment – Kenneth Dueker, City of Palo Alto Office of Emergency Services
- Gas and Water Utilities – Karla Dailey, CPAU
- Electric Utilities and Solar Policy – Debra Lloyd, CPAU