California Germany Agrivoltaics Conference – 1 November 2023
The Clean Coalition is a partner organization for this conference, which will take place 1 November 2023 in Davis, CA.
The Clean Coalition is a partner organization for the California Germany Agrivoltaics Conference, which will take place 1 November 2023 at the UC Davis Activities and Recreation Center in Davis, California.
Receive an exclusive GACC discount until July 15th with the promotion code: GACC_20
Resilience and Sustainability – How can Agrivoltaics contribute to both?
Fighting climate change and helping agriculture to become more resilient – That’s the idea of Agrivoltaics, the co-location of farming and solar photovoltaics. It’s time to bring transatlantic players together to pave the road forward for a more sustainable and resilient future:
Questions we will tackle:
- What are the benefits of agrivoltaics, especially for farmers and developers?
- How can they contribute to farm optimization?
- Which kinds of technologies already exist and what are the types of agrivoltaics PVs?
- How can argivoltaics align resilience and sustainability?
- What can Germany and California learn from each other?
The first California Germany Agrivoltaics Conference (#CGAV23) will bring together corporates, policy-makers, researchers, developers, and farmers to find answers to these questions in an interactive setting.
The goal is to build strong German-American partnerships that will lead this growing market of agrivoltaics.
Program Sneak Peek
Discover with us and high-level representatives from research, industry and politics:
- A roadmap and future opportunities for transatlantic agrivoltaics
- State of the art technology in the US and Germany
- Political framework and incentives
- Use-cases and best practices in the agricultural industry
- The intersection of software and PV
- Utility perspective: agrivoltaics in energy supply
- Prof. Majdi Abou Najm, Associate Professor (Land, Air and Water Resources) of the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, UC Davis
- Brian Shobe, Deputy Policy Director @California Climate & Agriculture Network (CalCAN)
- Nick Boateng, Director of Solution Management @World4Solar
- Amanda Beck, Project Development Manager @SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District)
- Travis Owens, Vice President of Sales @World4Solar
- Sarah Moser, Director Farm Operations & Agrivoltaics @Savion
- Helge Biernath, President & CEO @Sunstall Inc.
- Franz Feuerherdt, VP of Sales & Marketing @Solar4America Technology, Inc.
- Kevin Logue, Commercial Sales Manager @Aztec Solar Inc
- Martin Bond, Senior Business Development Manager @MCE
- Rebecca Boyles, Director of Customer Care & Marketing @Valley Clean Energy
- Kathleen Ave, Senior Climate & Ecosystem Strategist @SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District)
- … more TBA