Infocast’s Mountain West Renewables Summit – 7-8 November 2023
The Clean Coalition is a partner organization for this conference, which will take place 7-8 November 2023 in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Clean Coalition is a supporting organization for Infocast’s Mountain West Renewables Summit, which will take place 7-8 November 2023 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Receive an exclusive 15% off registration discount with the promotion code: 231420
Meet With the Mountain West’s Key Decision-Makers for a Comprehensive Update on the Western Markets and the Vast Renewable Energy Opportunities across the entire 8-State Region
Opportunities for clean energy continue to grow at an exponential rate across the Mountain West. Spurred by the incentives created by the Inflation Reduction Act and the Infrastructure Investment Act, utilities, local and state governments, and LSEs and corporates from Montana to Arizona and from Idaho to New Mexico are procuring ever increasing amounts of renewables and energy storage to ensure they meet climate and decarbonizations goals–including growing EV charging load–as well as ambitious renewable portfolio standard targets.
To seize these opportunities, however, players must deal with the interconnection and transmission bottlenecks caused by changing resources and customer demand across the West, handle continuing supply chain volatility, re-orient their procurement strategies to take advantage of new domestic manufacturing resources and qualify for related tax incentives, as well as cope with the resulting cost and schedule uncertainty in order to get their storage and solar projects financed across the region. Moreover, progress towards the development of more formally organized western electricity markets continues and every player in Western power markets needs to understand the business and operational impacts of new initiatives including SPP’s Western Energy Imbalance Service (WEIS) and Markets+, CAISO’s EDAM and Western Energy Imbalance Market (WEIM), and the possible development of a Western RTO, however designed and administered.
Only those who can keep up with all these developments and learn the innovations being put in place to manage these hurdles will be able to take full advantage of the burgeoning opportunities in this dynamic, eight-state region.
Infocast’s Mountain West Renewables Summit is organized to let you hear directly from the region’s leading energy decision makers. Leading local experts from utilities, local governments, LSE’s and policy makers come together with the regions’ renewable development and finance communities to network and exchange the latest market intelligence on the state and future of the Mountain West energy markets and discuss their needs, challenges, and the initiatives they have underway in light of the tailwinds for the renewables industries provided by the Inflation Reduction Act and the preceding Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. This remarkable Summit will provide the perfect venue to take advantage of the vast opportunities for renewable energy procurement, development, and deployment in the Mountain West and move the market forward.
What to Expect
- 55 Expert Speakers – Hear from top industry leaders and market stakeholders
- 17 Content-Packed Sessions – Gain Highly-relevant, exclusive insights and updates
- Premier Networking – Connect with key decision makers and get deals done
- Dr. Annie Bukacek – Commissioner, District 5, MONTANA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
- Suzanne Groneman – Sustainability Manager, CITY OF RENO
- Eric Hawkins – Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, TRICO ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
- Lisa Tormoen Hickey – Senior Regulatory Attorney, INTERWEST ENERGY ALLIANCE
- Joan Hutchinson – Managing Director, Offtake Advisory, MARATHON CAPITAL
- Mike Kruger – President & CEO, COLORADO SOLAR & STORAGE ASSOCIATION (COSSA)
- Jessica Matlock – CEO, LA PLATA ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION
- Ryan McGraw – Vice President, Project Development – PACIFICCORP
- Nick Perugini – Co-Owner and VP – SOLARIS ENERGY, INC.
- Kacie Peters – Senior Director, Communications, PIVOT ENERGY
- Kris Raper – Vice President of Strategic Engagement and External Affairs, WECC
- Vijay Satyal, Ph.D. – Deputy Director of Regional Markets, WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
- Mike Squires – Director of Government Affairs, UAMPS
- Lauren Tatsuno – Director, Energy & Climate Practice, Power Markets, 3DEGREES
- Travis Wright – Vice President – Energy & Sustainability, QTS DATA CENTERS