Webinar: Innovative approaches to energy efficiency retrofits
PAEC collaborators presented at this webinar, which took place on March 28, 2018.
The Clean Coalition held a Peninsula Advanced Energy Community (PAEC) webinar on March 28, 2018. PAEC collaborators from the San Mateo County Office of Sustainability and Design AVEnues presented on innovative approaches to energy efficiency retrofits.
California has 9 million single-family homes, 3.1 million multi-family dwellings, and 600,000 commercial buildings. Most of them could be much more energy efficient. How do we accelerate implementation of deep energy efficiency retrofits that yield cost savings, environmental benefits, and resilience?
This webinar explored innovative tools and solutions for the residential and commercial sectors:
- Green lease principles and language that help building owners and tenants share the benefits and costs of energy efficiency upgrades
- The financial case for building management systems
- Incentive packages for energy efficiency measures in areas hit by recent Sonoma County fires
- Energiesprong whole-building energy efficiency retrofits from the Netherlands that four communities in the U.S. are planning to implement
- Kim Springer, San Mateo County Office of Sustainability
- Rachael Londer, San Mateo County Office of Sustainability
- Andy Jain, San Mateo County Office of Sustainability
- Ann Edminster, Design AVEenues
PAEC is a groundbreaking initiative funded by the California Energy Commission to streamline policies and showcase projects that facilitate local renewables and other advanced energy solutions like energy efficiency, energy storage, and electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. The PAEC Initiative will create pathways to cost-effective clean local energy and community resilience throughout San Mateo County, the City of Palo Alto, and beyond. Learn more about the PAEC initiative.
This webinar is the second in a series based on findings from the PAEC initiative. Future topics include streamlining interconnection of commercial-scale renewables and best practices to encourage energy efficiency, renewable energy, zero net energy, energy storage, and EV charging infrastructure. Learn more about our webinar series.