Webinar: How Solar Siting Surveys identify the potential for local solar generation
The Clean Coalition's Bob O’Hagan presented at this webinar, which took place on February 27, 2018.
The Clean Coalition held a Peninsula Advanced Energy Community (PAEC) Solar Siting Survey webinar on February 27, 2018. Program Engineer Bob O’Hagan presented.
Click here to watch this video on YouTube.
The Clean Coalition conducts Solar Siting Surveys to help utilities, municipalities, community choice aggregators, local governments, and communities assess the potential for local solar generation.
The Solar Siting Survey methodology:
- Assesses the technical solar siting potential for built-environment sites, including rooftops, parking lots, and parking garages — essential for unleashing commercial-scale solar
- Evaluates the interconnection hosting capacity for each site — critical in determining the cost-effectiveness of a solar project
This webinar detailed:
- How much commercial-scale solar potential was identified in a Solar Siting Survey conducted in the PAEC region
- How much peak usage can be met by clean local energy from commercial-scale solar in the area
- Which built environments are best suited — and which are most underutilized — for solar installations of at least 100 kilowatts
- What’s unique about the Clean Coalition’s Solar Siting Survey methodology
- How Solar Siting Surveys can be used in any location to uncover commercial-scale solar potential
Slides are available in PDF or PPT format.
PAEC is a groundbreaking initiative funded by the California Energy Commission to streamline policies and showcase projects that facilitate local renewables and other advanced energy solutions like energy efficiency, energy storage, and electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. The PAEC Initiative will create pathways to cost-effective clean local energy and community resilience throughout San Mateo County, the City of Palo Alto, and beyond. Learn more about the PAEC initiative.
This webinar is the second in a series based on findings from the PAEC initiative. Future topics include streamlining interconnection of commercial-scale renewables and best practices to encourage energy efficiency, renewable energy, zero net energy, energy storage, and EV charging infrastructure. Learn more about our webinar series.